Hi friends! I know I said I was going to be better about posting more, and I really haven't. Life just gets so crazy sometimes ya know? But I really do want to get into the swing of blogging frequently, more for myself than for any other reason. I did get my camera though, so hopefully its arrival with spark some new creativity in me and light the fire that I need!
Last Friday I went to my friends birthday party in downtown Ventura. It's been really warm where I live, so even though it's mid-February I'm able to sport mini dresses sans cardigan and be completely fine! I'm more a fan of cold weather, but I do love myself a good sundress.
Outfit Details:
Dress - Urban Outfitters
Hat - Urban Outfitters
Shoes - Vagabond
Glasses - Ray Ban
I got this dress a few weeks ago and I really love the print and the color choices. I think grey is a nice balance for a warmer day for people who don't like to stray to far into pastel world but still want a softer look. Grey also is enhanced by black accessories, meaning you can get use out of your winter wear during the transition months! The very oversized cut of this dress was right up my alley, but it does ebb on the short side. Like - don't drop anything you'll need to pick up short side. Being my klutzy self and knowing the possibility of me eating it was high, I added lace trim bike shorts (not pictured) underneath to give myself a little safety blanket.
For the accessories, I broke out one of my favorite hats that I don't get to wear to often, my newest chunky black shoes, and some simple silver jewelry. When adding pieces like a statement shoe or hat (or both!) I like to choose a little lighter jewelry so there isn't too much going on.
I like this outfit because I think it provides a girly look with a funky edge, making it perfect for a casual friday night celebration! All that was necessary was my trusty vintage levi trucker jacket (not pictured) once the temperature decided to drop a bit! Comfy and practical with the safety of shorts, I was able to move about and still feel 100% about my outfit choice!
Thank you so much for reading! As always, seeing people look at my page brightens my day, so please keep returning. I promise I'm trying to get better! :)
xoxo - Mandee


No comments :
Post a Comment