Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Mom butt on point

Hey friends! So lately I've been really busy and I have found myself going for quick and easy outfits. As the school quarter comes to an end, sometimes it's hard to look cute while balancing school, work, and anything else that may come up. My solution? The mom jean. Some of you may be thinking that I'm crazy, and under the impression that the mom jean is the least attractive thing you could grab in your closet. And while you're entitled to your opinion, I'm here to tell you how different types of mom jeans can be versatile, ranging from comfy to cute to sexy. Yes, sexy. 
Over the past few years I have collected an array of mom jeans. Whenever I find a solid pair in a thrift store I just can't seem to help myself. Not someone to really wear normal jeans most of the time, my mom jeans are like my substitute for sweatpants. Comfy, yet trendy. What's not to love? 

the collection! 

Since some of you might be doubting my claim that mom jeans could indeed be sexy, I thought I'd start out with these bad boys. Fitting tight in all the right places, this pair definitely put a spring in my step. My go-to look when traveling, I always find myself putting these in my suitcase first. They can be casual or a little more daring, and I cannot contain my love. Want to feel like Rachel from Friends? Pick up a pair for yourself. You won't be disappointed. 





What says mom more than pleats? These guys always make me feel like Aunt Becky from Full House, something I have no qualms about. Saggy in the backside and tapered at the ankle, this might not be my most generically "sexy" pair, but boy do I love them. By adding a cropped sweater tank, jellies, and a big scrunchie I can take it straight back to the 90s. (Still looking for my Uncle Jesse though…) 



The best thing about thrifting is the ability to do DIY without worrying about a piece of expensive clothing. Buying these high waisted beauties for just $3, I was free to take the tweezers to them and do as I wished. Adding a destructed effect to these light wash jeans adds a little definition perfectly fitting for warmer days. 





Mom or Dad? This pair could arguably be way to big for me. Do I care? Not really. When I'm feeling REALLY lazy and just want to snuggle up in my bed, these are the pair I reach for. Large and in charge, my younger sister did indeed ask if I was wearing my dad's pants. Even with her sassy commentary, I love these pants, and I think they look very cute with a graphic tee and a simple pair of converse high tops! 




I picked up this last pair while thrifting with my aunt. I love the grungy acid wash, and I think this pair is a really nice addition to my wardrobe. While most acid wash jeans I find are skinny, this pair is super loose and baggy. To add some shape to these, I usually wear a fitted crop top and tie a flannel around my waist. Viola! A comfy yet edgy look. 




As always, thanks for reading! 
Xoxo - Mandee 

No comments :

Post a Comment