So as I stated in my previous intro post, I'm very new to this so bear with me. Although this is new and scary for a little shy soul like myself, I am so excited to start this documentation of different pieces I put together to express myself.
Anyways, back to the clothes. A few weeks ago, my very talented friend Desiree and I took a walk near my house to snap a few shots of this outfit I put together for a 5 hour shift I had later at work and hanging out with some friends that night. I work at Urban Outfitters, so I can wear basically whatever I want to work. Lucky me!
- Mock Neck Tank (Urban Outfitters)
- Peter Pan Collar Button Up (American Apparel)
- Sunflower Skirt (Thrifted)
- Army Jacket (Gap Kids)
It was a bit chilly that day (as chilly as it gets in Southern California) so I threw on an army jacket on top of my ensemble. The great thing about army jackets is that they work with nearly everything and the neutral color meshes well with most other hues. I love pairing a more utilitarian piece with other girly items to toughen up the look a bit. If I don't go for my military jacket, you can almost always find me in a chunky shoe or boot.(Doc Martens are my personal favorite) I love having really tough shoes on with my more feminine peices to remind people not to mess with me. ;)
Being a big fan of accessories, and sometimes a victim of overaccecorization, I truly believe that little touches can make an outfit that much more special! For this casual outfit, I added thigh high socks for a bit of warmth and coverage, black and silver rings, a cute beret I picked up at Forever 21 (I'm a francophile, sue me) And my ever trusty vintage Dooney and Bourke Satchel and Ray Ban Wayfarers! Always leaning toward a 90's vibe, I finished the look with my favorite Unif Don't Worry Be Happy Boots which always put a smile on my face.
Thank you for checking my page out and I hope you'll be back for more! This new year is holding my favorite thing, big possibilities, and I wish the best for all of you.


No comments :
Post a Comment